Tuesday, November 21, 2006

New pad

I'm moving out of the Mercy Corps' guesthouse and into a real house! This friend at Mercy Corps told me about an ad posted on the "bulai" storefront window for a room for rent. So I went over and called the number and talked to this guy who works for the UN and was moving out before the end of his lease and needed someone to take it over.

It's an A/C'ed room with its own western bathroom, even with a shower (no mandi). the backyard has a small patio and lawn, great for chilling out in. The guy (Nick) sounded like a big drinker... well... he messed up his liver from drinking too much less than a year ago -- those Canadians. And best of all, comes with a housekeeper. I kind of feel guilty, this is all new to me, but having a housekeeper is standard here.

The other guy living there, Brad also works for UNDP and is from Denver. The landlords live next door watch over the house while we are gone. I just signed the papers, I move in on the 28th.

house warming party?

No comments: