Friday, July 27, 2007

Return to Paradise

After 40 hours of flying, I finally made it back.


Outside the wall of UNOPS (United Nations Office for Project Services)

I was picked up from the airport and driven straight to the UNOPS office where I met the director. He chuckled a little as I walked into his office, I looked like crap after living on airplanes and airports without showering for the past two days. We talked briefly, he seemed like a nice and understanding guy. He insisted me to get something to eat at the WFP where appropriately has a restaurant within the compound. After retuning, he introduced me to the staff, where I met my team of 17 or so people, the Technical Support Unit (TSU).

Obvious that I was dead tired, the director had a driver take me to the Green Paradise. Where I instantly fell asleep after taking a badly needed shower. I oversleep, causing me to be late for dinner and beers with some friends.

The Green Paradise, a living compound for expats, is pretty posh: wifi internet, satellite TV, hot water and a pool. And costs more than what I was paying for my apartment back in San Francisco. I only stayed two days.

No comments: